Is Facebook Running Out Of Ideas?

This morning when I logged onto my Facebook account, I was shocked to see a friend of mine using a hash tag.

According to my research this is the 2nd item that Facebook seems to have copied from twitter.

  1. Firstly it was the Follow feature.

  2. And now secondly it is the Hash Tag feature.


Well to be honest, I don't understand the logic Facebook copying stuff from others. If we jump back to 2004, the year when Zuckerburg rolled out Facebook, it was quite a unique website at that time. I mean the whole idea of the thing was pretty different from all other social networking giants like Myspace, Friendster & Orkut. They sort of kicked off their journey with the idea of "Uniqueness", also in the years that came, all the new features introduced were very much different from others. So i think that Facebook should continue its factor of Being Unique instead of trying to be Samsung.

Followers